PeopleLikeUs has assembled a team of talented individuals, many with top agency experience and others who followed the road less travelled to their destination. We deliver outstanding work for our clients, on time and on budget.
We need an experienced, hands-on Technical Director who can breakdown the large, complex and fuzzy into concise, well spec’ed deliverables with accurate timeline and resource projections. We have a capable team of web developers. What we need is a leader.
You’ll be working with:
Our amazing Front-End Developer, Robin has been key in executing PeopleLikeUs’ digital ambitions. He’s the gatekeeper for correctly and creatively interpreting designs into leading edge online experiences.
An eager member of our development team, Andrew is constantly seeking opportunities to learn and implement new exciting technologies into the projects here at PeopleLikeUs. He's relentless in his quest for programming greatness!
What we’re looking for in a Technical Director colleague:
- We need someone who enjoys client meetings, creative meetings, technical meetings *and* writing code.
- Someone who will go to bat for the team (defend when necessary, make the case for additional resources) balanced with the larger “what’s best for the company” mindset.
- Someone who can find creative/alternate solutions to challenges when up against the wall.
- Someone to be the front man and go-getter for new tech hires.
- Someone that inspires the team to do their best work, to push the boundaries, to question the status quo, to collaborate with designers and producers, and encourage knowledge sharing amongst the tech team and PeopleLikeUs at large.
What you’ll be doing:
- We do a lot of email campaigns and responsive micro-sites with social media interaction, so our tools and tech stack make sense to you right?
- There is a lot of lamp + jquery in our history, along with some data integration with client enterprise systems through xml feeds / realtime api’s. No poo-pooing the old code! — they still bring home the bacon. This is another way of saying that you’ll need to have some familiarity with php and mysql to feel comfortable owning the whole enchilada.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 3-5 years experience in an agency or marketing environment.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). Spoken French a plus.
- Strong collaborative and organizational skills.
- A naturally detail-oriented outlook.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects at once, on a daily basis.
- Ability to foresee challenges and provide solution.
- A love for working as part of a team.
- A natural desire to be helpful, dependable and to maintain the company’s cooperative spirit.
- The drive to go the extra mile.
- Join us in shaping the future of our growing agency.
- Help us make our mark on the universe.
- Enjoy a positive team and work environment.
- Get access to education, training and learning materials – whatever you need to be successful.
- Choose a computer setup of your choice: Mac, Windows, Linux, Palm OS, typewriter, etc.
- Dig into a stocked fridge: fruits and veggies, snacks, lots of ketchup, and drinks every Friday.
- And most importantly: work with people who love what they do.
If you think you’re the perfect fit, give us a shout!
Founded in 2005, PeopleLikeUs is more than a web shop, way more than a design shop, nimbler than traditional agencies and most certainly faster. We’re focused on creating things that are visually engaging and measurable to the click. Our clients range from early stage startups to Fortune 100 behemoths.
Every organization needs to reach out to their audience and engage them in a running dialogue. This is what we do. And we do it well.